Houston Sustainable Food Gardeners

A forum dedicated to discussing how to easily grow organic food sustainably and inexpensively year-round in urban Houston settings, in individual and community vegetable gardens. Other food related issues are also discussed.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Links  Help  

I am another new member!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Annie524
Mustard Seed
Mustard Seed
Annie524

I am another new member! Empty
PostSubject: I am another new member!   I am another new member! EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Married mom of 2 boys, just put in 4 raised beds, have harvested a LOT of peppers and tomatoes from containers started in March. I'm interested in learning what to plant here that can take the heat of our summers. I'm also interested in finding some Jerusalem Artichoke tubers from someone close who might have a few to spare, and/or some garlic cloves of a type that will grow here.
Back to top Go down
dragonfly
Grape Vine
Grape Vine
dragonfly

I am another new member! Empty
PostSubject: Jerusalem artichokes source....   I am another new member! EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Welcome to the forum! JA are really easy to grow here. They also make beautiful flowers. I got my initial dose of tubers from the grocery store and just planted them in the ground. Since you never get them all out of the ground, they will come back each year. Harvested tubers store well in the fridge and can also be left in the ground over the winter and early spring and harvested as needed. Check out the other posts on JA. Again welcome!
Back to top Go down

I am another new member!
Page 1 of 1