Houston Sustainable Food Gardeners

A forum dedicated to discussing how to easily grow organic food sustainably and inexpensively year-round in urban Houston settings, in individual and community vegetable gardens. Other food related issues are also discussed.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Links  Help  

Share | 

My Introduction.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dragonfly
Grape Vine
Grape Vine

PostSubject: My Introduction.   Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Hello! I am one of two administrators of this site. I have a Ph.D. in molecular biology and genetics and over 20 yrs experience growing native Texas plants, and herb, fruit and vegetable plants. I have served on the board of the Native Plant Society of Texas in the past, for several years, and continue to be involved. In 2004, along with other parent volunteers, students, teachers, and administrators, I designed and helped install an organic fruit and native plant garden, an organic vegetable garden, and a small habitat pond and habitat garden at Roberts Elementary, a local HISD school. We organized the planting, harvesting and classroom education, as a vounteers, for the first two years of it's existence all the while transitioning in other new parent volunteers. We had over 90% of the classrooms participating, and although I am no longer involved, it is continuing strong to this day! I have continued to provide advice and support for other, independent, school habitat and vegetable gardens most recently to a group of dedicated parent volunteers at West University Elementary.

This forum encourages a diversity of viewpoints and experiences, the best way for all of us to learn more about these important topics. We hope that this forum can be a resource for both experienced gardeners and beginners. This forum is not affiliated with any organization. We welcome suggestions of ways to improve the forum.

Last edited by dragonfly on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monkeyboy
Mustard Seed
Mustard Seed

PostSubject: Excited New Member   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm very excited about this group and I hope to spread some ideas about farmshares and organic gardening here to Lafayette Louisiana. We're practically neighbors! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My Introduction.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Houston Sustainable Food Gardeners :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: