Houston Sustainable Food Gardeners

A forum dedicated to discussing how to easily grow organic food sustainably and inexpensively year-round in urban Houston settings, in individual and community vegetable gardens. Other food related issues are also discussed.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Links  Help  

Share | 

Sample lunch pictures, late spring to early fall 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dragonfly
Grape Vine
Grape Vine

PostSubject: Sample lunch pictures, late spring to early fall 2010   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Here are some images of garden based lunches:

Early spring 2010 Romano green beens/basil, broiled eggplant, sauteed sowthistle/onions,
(brown jasmine rice, raw cashews, buffalo jerky)
[url=]

Early summer 2010 Broiled eggplant and okra, sauteed longbeans/Lau (bottle gourd)greens/ginger
(brown jasmine rice, raw cashews, buffalo jerky)

Late summer 2010 Sauteed longbeans/climbing spinach/ginger, broiled eggplant,

Early Fall 201 Sauteed Lau greens/Egyptian spinach greens/shelled flat beans/ginger, broiled eggplant, sauteed sweet pepper and basil
(brown jasmine rice, raw cashews)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ted
Bean Sprout
Bean Sprout

PostSubject: Re: Sample lunch pictures, late spring to early fall 2010   Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Super looking dishes.

Whats with the beef jerky? I really need to try that. Is there a good, better,best brand?

I like your pictures makes the food very appetizing and they came out large and clear without Evil or Very Mad advertizing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonfly
Grape Vine
Grape Vine

PostSubject: source for BUFFALO jerky and brown jasmine rice   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Buffalo jerky is from a company called "City Butcher"
City Butcher Natural Buffalo Jerky (original flavor) It is low in fat and high in protein.No artificial ingredients, no erythorbate, no nitrate, and no added MSG
Also federal law prohibits the use of added hormones in buffalo.
Does have some salt, my serving size is much smaller than that suggested on the pkg.
I get mine from Whole Foods grocery store. I couldn't find a link to order online.

FYI, the brown jasmine rice is from Lowell Farms in Texas. Really great rice, just cooked with water, everyone who tastes it loves it.
I used to be able to get it in the grocery store but now I have to order it online.
Lotus Foods
They also have other great whole grain specialty rices, but my go to remains the brown jasmine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sample lunch pictures, late spring to early fall 2010   

Back to top Go down

Sample lunch pictures, late spring to early fall 2010
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Houston Sustainable Food Gardeners :: Gardening and Recipes :: Recipes-
Jump to: